Several scholarships both internally and externally are available for those who want to take the Doctoral Program in Economics at Universitas Diponegoro. The Scholarships available for PhD student may include:
- Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education, abbreviated as LPDP (Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan), is a full-ride scholarship from the Indonesian Ministry of Finance for all Indonesian citizens. LPDP has a vision to be the best regional fund management institution to prepare future leaders and encourage innovation for a prosperous, democratic and just Indonesia. The LPDP service program consists of scholarships, research funding, and fund management (investment). This scholarship can be accessed at https://www.lpdp.kemenkeu.go.id/in/page/Beasiswa2021.
- Beasiswa Unggulan Kemendikbud (Outstanding Achievement Scholarships) provide those who excel or have special talents with the opportunity to take undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral studies but have difficulty in financing their education. This Scholarship is the government’s support and effort in reducing the gap in education levels of the community. Therefore, the government provides three types of Scholarships, namely:
- Beasiswa Unggulan Masyarakat Berprestasi (Scholarship for those who have special talent or outstanding achievement)
- Beasiswa Unggulan 3T: Terluar, Tertinggal, Terdepan (Scholarship for those who live in frontier, outermost and least developed regions)
- Beasiswa Unggulan Pegawai Kemendikbud (scholarship for those who work at the units under the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology) This scholarship may be accessed on the following link: https://buonline.beasiswaunggulan.kemdikbud.go.id/
- Masters Education Scholarship Towards Doctorate for Excellent Undergraduates (PMDSU). PMDSU scholarships are organized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology. It has been offered since 2013, and has now reached Batch VI. Undip is one of the partner universities for this scholarship. This scholarship is offered annually and accessible at https://www.pmdsu.com/ . PMDSU scholarships are also organized by Diponegoro University internally, with almost the same scheme.
- Beasiswa Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (Developing Countries Partnership Scholarship), popularly known as KNB Scholarship, is a prestigious scholarship program offered by the government of Republic of Indonesia to selected applicants originating from developing countries. Managed by the Directorate General of Higher Education, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology the scholarship has been disbursed since 2008 to 1,290 recipients from 94 countries. There are 23 universities as partners for this scholarship, one of which is Diponegoro University. Complete information on this scholarship can be accessed at: http://knb.kemdikbud.go.id/
Please note that information about scholarship changes at times and students should check directly with the government office responsible for the program for up-to-date information